Arrival in Lüneburg
Individual arrival to Lüneburg. In the late afternoon the welcome briefing takes place and the distribution of your bikes.
Today the final destination will be Uelzen. There you can find a lot of medieval churches and chapels. The art in that city is beautiful; in the city is a new train station since 2000 and again in style of Hundertwasser.
Across the towns Holdenstedt, Holxen, Suderburg, Scharnhorst and Graßen at the end you will find your today’s destination Residenzstadt Celle. About 480 restored half-timbered houses create the old city also the Celler palace is really impressive. Enjoy the city and go for a stroll.
Along the Örtze you will get to small wood bridges and you have an amazing view into the Örtzetal. If you are lucky you can find interesting things in the nature. Hermannsburg tells you a story more than 1000 years ago. Herzog from Sachsen, Hermann Billung, had probably built a castle near where nowadays the Peter Paul church is and where later the city developed.
Through the National Park South Heath you will cross the city Soltau with the impressive town hall, the north german toy museum and the famous Heath Park where you can find a lot of show attractions.
Today the destinations are Wiedeholy, place where the last knight fight took place, the former Heathfarm Möhr and the typical Heathchurch in Wolterdingen. Enjoy the rest of the day in Schneverdingen for example in the Heathgarden with 130 different heath products
At your first cycling day you will cycle through the beautiful National Park North Heath and over the “Wilseder Berg”. Enjoy the wideness of the amazing landscape. After that you will reach the city Schneverdingen. This city is located next to the nature park of Luneburg moorland – discover the charm of this romantic little city.
Departure or extension
Easy to medium challenging tour. You cycle on bike paths and side roads. In the nature reserve unfortified wood paths or gravel paths and it is lightly hilly.
- Accommodation in the selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents
- GPS data available on request
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station Lüneburg
- Airport Hamburg
- Car park garage for approx. € 10,- per day, no reservation possible/necessary
- Unguarded car parks near the hotel, free of charge.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!