Itinerary at a glance
You travel individually to Münster. The information meeting and bike handover (if booked) will take place in the late afternoon. Enjoy the evening at Münster's Prinzipalmarkt with its many historic buildings, for example.
You cycle along the banks of the Dortmund-Ems Canal to Münster's city harbor with the Kreativkai, as well as to the old town with famous buildings such as the town hall and St. Paul's Cathedral. Along the Aasee lake, which is also home to Münster's all-weather zoo, you cycle back to the hotel.
Many Münsterland castles await you today. The Dortmund-Ems Canal takes you to the moated castle at Senden. Other impressive buildings include Haus Kakerbeck, the castles of Vischering and Lüdinghausen as well as Nordkirchen Castle, the "Münsterland Versailles".
Today you follow in the footsteps of Annette von Droste-Hülshoff. Via Bösensell and Tilbeck Abbey, you will reach Hülshoff moated castle, the poet's birthplace. Other stops on the tour include Haus Rüschhaus, a former residence of Annette von Droste-Hülshoff, Haus Vögeding and Roxel.
In Rinkerode, you will first see two charming manor houses before reaching the beautiful Werse cycle path. Here, your route takes you through one of the most attractive cultural landscapes in Münsterland and the Hohe Ward forest area with the historic Hiltrup waterworks.
All routes are mostly flat! Cycling is mostly on tarmac or paved farm tracks, occasionally on small side roads. The routes are particularly suitable for beginners and cycle groups.
Prices and dates
Category: see description
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- 1 Welcome drink on the arrival day
- 1 multi-course meal during your stay
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Use of the Garden of Silence, sensory park and sauna area
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Münster train station
- Düsseldorf or Dortmund airport
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.