Itinerary at a glance
Tübingen is located in the geographical center of Baden-Württemberg and is a well-known university town with almost 30,000 students. Visit the beautiful old town and the castle Hohentübingen, from where you have a great view of the city. You may also have time for a punting trip or a visit to the nearby Bebenhausen Monastery.
Today you leave the lively university city and cycle downriver the Neckar. You will pass many lakes where you can have a refresh. Passing Nürtingen, where the poet Hölderlin went to school. In Plochingen you can visit the tower of Hundertwasser (an Austrian architect). Esslingen is one of the towns, which where not destroyed during the war, so you can enjoy the special historical flair.
Through picturesque vineyards along the river loops to Lauffen where you can taste a gulp of Katzenbeißer. Another centre of winegrowing and wine-trade is Heilbronn. Afterwards you cycle to your overnight stay in Marbach/ Freiberg.
Another centre of winegrowing and wine trade is Heilbronn. This big city is a mixture of historical and modern buildings. Then you’re cycling along the romantic castle road to Neckarsulm.
Worth seeing is the NSU-museum with its lots of historical bikes and cars. Enjoy the fabulous view when you cycle to Bad Wimpfen with lots of oriels and towers. Passing the wine terraces and forest you will sneak a peek to castle Hornberg, where in former times Götz von Berlichingen lived. Eberbach, which is characterized by handcraft, is quickly reached and here you can have a look to the sand mining and stone pits.
Neckar is now winding through forest Oberwald, according at what river side you cycle at Baden or Hessian country side. On your way you’re passing the town of castles Neckarsteinach and in Neckargmünd you can see the impressive medieval architecture. The famous university city Heidelberg is awaiting you with its popular castle ruin, a baroque old town and an active culture scene.
After breakfast, your tour on the Neckar Cycle Path is unfortunately already over. We are also happy to extend your stay in Heidelberg.
Largely flat course on mostly asphalt bike paths and quiet side roads, few slight climbs. Relaxed.
Prices & Dates
Category: hotels, inns, and guest houses of 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch, French)
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Tübingen every Saturday morning, costs EUR 89 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 39, to be paid for in advance, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Tübingen train station
- Stuttgart, Karlsruhe or Frankfurt/Main airport
- Public multi storage car park in Tübingen, costs approx. EUR 42 per week, no reservation possible.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."