Itinerary at a glance
You start the tour in the magnificent old Hanseatic city of Lubeck which was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987.
First through the spa town of Travemunde and then along the Baltic Sea coast. Cycling through the Brooker Wald nature reserve to Boltenhagen. From the cliffs you have a great view over the entire bay.
Mostly following the banks you cycle to the Hanseatic city of Wismar. Poel island with its long sandy beaches and the historic city walls dating back to the Thirty Years’ War is worth a visit.
On your way to Kuhlungsborn you will see cliff lines as well as wonderful beaches. Stroll through the English park Kamp in Bad Doberan or board the train „Molli“ that takes you to the beach.
In Warnemunde you should sit at the widest sandy beach of the Baltic Sea coast. Wustrow is located on a peninsula called „Fischland-Dars“ which used to be the border between Mecklenburg and Pomerania.
Today´s stage leads you through the hinterland to Warnemünde. Main attraction is its lighthouse which you can already see fro far away. You can step up a 30m high platform and enjoy the view of land and sea. Also worth a visit is the 530 m long jetty or the fishing houses, ships and yachts in the “Old Stream”, before you go by ferry (not incl.) to the high dune, through the heather of Rostock and the “Fishland” of Darß. Natural woods which reach until the beaches, fenlands and ulna fractures, sandbars and small islands wait to be discovered.
From far away you’ll see the three towers of the Hanseatic city of Stralsund. Its former importance as a trading city can still be seen in the old town, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Mainly on level ground, sometimes slightly hilly, mostly on quiet country roads, cycle paths, field and forest trails, occasionally on sandy tracks, concreted paths and on cobblestone. The route is not always along the coast but takes frequent swings into the varied countryside further inland.
Prices and dates
Category A: hotels on a 3***- and 4****-level
Category B: hotels on a 2**- and 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch, French)
- 1 ferry ride Wismar – Island Poel incl. your bike (only Cat A)
- 1 train ride with the “Bäderbahn Molli” Kühlungsborn – Heiligendamm incl. your bike (only Cat A)
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Lübeck every Saturday and Sunday, costs EUR 89 per person, extra EUR 39 for your own bike, to be paid for in advance, reservation is necessary.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Lübeck train station
- Hamburg airport
- Public multi-storey car park at Lübeck, approx. EUR 10 per day, no reservation possible
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry Travemünde – Priwall and Warnemünde – Hohe Düne not incl. approx. EUR 3 per person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."