Itinerary at a glance
The residence city of Würzburg is nestled amidst vineyards – be sure to sample the fine wines. You'll cycle through the romantic Taubertal (Taubertal Valley) to Rothenburg. Geologically fascinating is the meteorite crater of the Nördlinger Ries.
Artists as Balthasar Neumann, Tilman Riemenschneider and Tiepolo lived in this beautiful city. Enjoy the flair and lust for life in one of the numerous wine taverns. Overnight stay in Würzburg.
You leave Würzburg along a hilly forest track pass little villages and follow the stream Aalbach. In Bettingen you reach river Main. Worth seeing is the medieval church. After a few kilometres you are already in Wertheim. The small town is located between Speesart and forest Odenwald at the mouth of river Tauber into river Rhine. Enjoy your evening in a romantic atmosphere!
You leave river Rhine and continue along valley Taubertal. Soon Tauberbischofsheim is reached with its palace and tower. Afterwards you follow the romantic road to Bad Mergentheim where you stay overnight.
You should spend some time in lively Bad Mergentheim before you continue to Creglingen. You continue your tour towards Rothenburg. The well-known, medieval city is the highlight of your tour.
You cycle to the village of Schillingsfürst with baroque palace. Afterwards you continue to Feuchtwangen and Dinkelsbühl. A highlight is the night watchman who walks through the city every night. If you like you can join him!
You continue to Nördlinger Ries, a geologic very interesting area. A meteoroid left a crater with a diameter of 20 – 25 km 15 million years ago. Your aim is the city Nördlingen with city wall, church, tower and tanner quarter.
Today you cycle through the valley of Wörnitztal. You continue to Harburg with old fortress and picturesque old city. Afterwards you reach Donauwörth which is awaiting you with lots of places of interest.
You cycle on calm and asphalted country roads and bike paths. The bike path is signposted; you will find your next hotel without any effort Gradients and hilly terrain are to be expected especially between Würzburg and the Tauber Valley as well as in the Wörnitz Valley and through the Nördlinger Ries.
Prices and dates
Category A: hotels and inns of 3*** and 4****-level
Category B: hotels and inns of 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 Guided night guard tour in Rothenburg (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Würzburg every Saturday approx. 11 a.m., costs EUR 129 per person for own bike additional EUR 20, to be paid for in advance, reservation is necessary. Minimum number of participants: 4 persons.
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Würzburg train station
- Car park or garage at the hotel with fee, costs approx. EUR 8 – 15 / per day, no reservation possible
- Good train connection from Donauwörth to Würzburg, duration approx. 1-3 hours, 1-2 train changes.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.