Arrival in Reschen
Arrive in Reschen and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and rental bikes (if booked) will already be in your hotel.
Reschen – Schluderns
Enjoy the unparalleled panorama in Reschen and breath in the fresh mountain air. Then you are off: two marvellously glistening lakes await already on your first cycle stage. You cycle past romantic snow-covered mountain tops and through unspoilt nature. Take a quick plunge into the the refreshing Lake Reschensee, featuring the renowned steeple in the water, or into the slightly smaller Lake Haidersee. Info signs explain a great deal about animal dwellers. Then you continue cycling leisurely downhill on the best-maintained cycle path via Glurns, the smallest town of South Tyrol, onwards as far as Schluderns. Knight-enthusiasts get their money’s worth at Churburg-castle: here you have the chance to visit the world’s largest private armoury!
Schluderns – Schlanders
Past the Biotope ‚Prader Sand‘, one of the last meadow-areas in South Tyrol, you cycle onwards to Laas today. This is also the place, where the world-renowned white marble is mined. We recommend you seize your chance and sample the tasty, yellow-orange Vinschger-apricots or at least purchase a jar of the marvellously sweet jam to take home with you. Invigorated by those treats you continue through orchards as far as Schlanders, today’s Day Finish. In the main town of the Vinschgau-region you get to marvel at the highest church tower of the country and jump into the cool water from the 3-metre diving platform of the outdoor pool.
Schlanders – Naturns
Today apple blossom meadows, fruit plantations and picturesque villages line again your cycle path across the Vinschgau region. Gleefully you cycle to Latsch. You have time to visit the ‚AquaForum‘. This water park offers a lot of fun for families featuring sport pool, kids zone with water features and a 50 metre long tube-slide. Onwards past Kastelbell with its picturesque palace into today’s Day Finish Naturns. If you still fancy more splashing, Naturns offers a further opportunity to do that: a visit to the adventure pool with giant slide is a splendid idea especially on hot summer days. However there are other things to discover in Naturns as well such as fun playgrounds and even an adventure train station.
And again you are on your bike today! Along the flat terrain in the valley along the Etsch river dam cycling is a true pleasure for both adults and kids. The impressive panorama onto the Merano valley basin and the surrounding mountain world is a constant companion along today’s route. Take a leisurely break at the picturesque pond of the Rabland-habitat. Past the outdoor swimming pool of Algrund, you cheerfully reach Merano at last. It is sheer bliss to just stroll through the centre of the beautiful cultural town with Mediterranean flair. Then you have the option to cycle ad libitum onwards into the Passeiertal-valley, where the fruit and wine growing areas reach deep down into the valley. Cycle along the same route back to Merano.
Merano – Bolzano
Have you ever frequented the thermal springs of Merano? If not you have another chance today, before you embark on your final cycle tour. One more time you leisurely cycle downhill along the river Etsch. With fruity apple plantations appearing sheer endless along your route. Past Lana, where we recommend a visit, in order to check out palaces and castles ruins, and then proceed all the way to Bolzano. In the country’s lively capital you can visit the Natural History Museum and in the Archeology Museum you find out everything about the most famous South Tyrolean celebrity - Ötzi! An exciting finale to your amazing cycling holiday through South Tyrol.
Departure or extension
Today you have to say goodbye to the Italian flair. Or you stay some more nights in the beutiful sunny Bolzano?
You cycle mainly on well-maintained and -developed cycle paths or on roads with very little traffic leading mostly along the river Etsch. Routes can be cut short by train rides.
Category: 3***-hotels and guesthouses
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Vinschgau-Card with lots of services included
- Welcome meeting
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by mini-bus every Saturday, Monday morning, and Tuesday (occasionally) afternoons, possible on request, approx. EUR 59 per person, payable on site
- Bike rental, inlcuding rental bike insurance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Airports - Innsbruck, Munich or Verona.
- Arrival by train in Landeck and then by bus in approx. 1.5 hours to Reschen. Or arrival by train via Bolzano and Merano at Mals and then by bus in approx. 30 mins to Reschen.
- Parking: hotel parking spaces costs about EUR 35 per week, payable on site, no reservation possible.
- Return journey from Bolzano by Vinschgaubahn-railway in approx. 1.5 hours to Mals and from there in approx. 30 mins to Reschen.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness level and cycling skills. This route is well-suited for families.
- You cycle mainly on well-maintained and -developed cycle paths or on roads with very little traffic leading mostly along the river Etsch. Routes can be cut short by train rides.