Arrival in Reschen
By car or by train and bus to Reschenpass (mountain pass) and further to Reschen.
Today you will cycle alongside Lake Reschen with a great view of the sunken church of Graun until you reach the medieval village of Glurns (perfectly preserved medieval city walls). Your destination is Schlanders, the capital of the famous Vinschgauer.
On your way you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain massif Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch whilst you are rolling down on your bike into the tranquil Merano with its Mediterranean vegetation.
Two paths lead to Bolzano: One along the Adige River and another through the impressive landscape of orchards via Lana and Eppan. Here you can find the Messner Mountain Museum in the well-restored ruin of Sigmundskron. Ötzi – the man from the ice – is worth a visit.
You will mainly cycle along the river Adige and partly through orchards to Salurn, where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. From here, you will continue to Trento with its interesting old town.
First, you will continue cycling along the Adige through Rovereto and on to Mori from where the route leads westwards towards Lake Garda. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short ascent (Passo San Giovanni), you will descend down to the lake and to Torbole and further on to Riva. From here, a boat will take you down the entire length of the lake.
You will travel on partly flat, partly slightly hilly roads through the vine hills to Verona, a city full of attractions (festival arena, Julia’s house, old city walls).
You will ride on beautiful bike paths mainly along the Adige River. The route will lead you from Reschenpass (mountain pass) almost 1,500 metres in altitude downhill to Lake Garda. However, you will have to cycle up some small climbs too. Overall, you will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and asphalted country roads. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
Category Charme: 4**** hotels
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat ride on Lake Garda incl. your bike
- 1 Pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Reschen every Saturday and Sunday morning, and Tuesday (occasionally) afternoon, costs EUR 79 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Landeck train station (North Tyrol), public bus to Reschen
- Innsbruck, Munich and Verona airport
- Car park costs approx. EUR 35 per week
- Train connections from Verona via Bolzano and Merano to Mals, public bus to Reschen
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
This tour has 4 more variations
The wonderful ‘Villa Waldkönigin' 4****, surrounded by mountains, forests and meadows, is situated at the edge of a picturesque larch forest of St. Valentin.
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten
The gourmet- and wellness hotel ‚Vier Jahrezeiten’ (Four Seasons) offers you the ‚special something’ situated in the heart of Schlanders.
Hotel Pienzenau am Schloßpark
The ‘Rosenhotel Pienzenau’ 4****S is located in the quiet neighbourhood of mansions in Meran and offers its guests every possible comfort.
Hotel Scala Stiegl
The 4**** hotel Scala Stiegl is located in the heart of Bolzano presenting its beautiful art nouveau façade and offering historic charm.
The Hotel Accademia is situated in the old town center of Trento, close to the beautiful Piazza Duomo and most tourist attractions of the city.
Hotel Lido International
The Lido International Hotel, at the beginning an historical home in Desenzano del Garda with its beach to the lake and already a meeting place since the 60's, takes the kind of 4 stars hotel following a restructuring in 2004.
Hotel Blu Lake
The hotel Blu Lake in Sirmione is located in a prime position between the twor shores of the Sirmione Peninsula.
Hotel San Marco
Verona unveils a new landmark in the world of wellness! Easily accessible and conveniently located Hotel San Marco City Resort & SPA is proud to offer its guests its exclusive services in a delightful setting where modern and classic style tastefully blend together.