Today you will cycle along Lake Reschensee with a great view of the sunken church of Graun until you reach the medieval village of Glurns (perfectly preserved medieval city walls). Your destination is Schlanders, the capital of the famous Vinschgauer.
Sample hotel: Goldene Rose
On your way you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain massif Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch while you are rolling down on your bike into the tranquil Merano with its Mediterranean vegetation.
Sample hotel: Flora
Two paths lead to Bolzano: One along the Adige River and another through the impressive landscape of orchards via Lana and Eppan. Here you can find the Messner Mountain Museum in the well-restored ruin of Sigmundskron. Ötzi – the man from the ice – is worth a visit.
Sample hotel: Scala Stiegl
From Auer onwards on the cycle path along the Etsch dam. The ‚Salurner Klause’ is the end of the German speaking part of South Tyrol. Your cycle path leads you through famous Trentino wine regions into the ancient diocesan town Trento (lovely old part of town, cathedral, Buonconsiglio palace).
Sample hotel: NH Trento
First, you will continue cycling along the Adige through Rovereto and on to Mori from where the route leads westwards towards Lake Garda. After a short ascent (Passo San Giovanni), you will descend down to the lake to Torbole and further on to Riva. From here, a boat will take you down the entire length of the lake.
Sample hotel: Bonotto Desenzano
You will ride on beautiful bike paths mainly along the Adige River. The route will lead you from Reschenpass (mountain pass) almost 1,500 metres in altitude downhill to Lake Garda. However, you will have to cycle up some small climbs too. Overall, you will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and asphalted country roads. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
Category: mainly 3*** hotels, partly 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat ride on Lake Garda incl. your bike
- 1 Pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Reschen every Saturday and Sunday morning, and Tuesday afternoon, costs € 79 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Landeck train station (North Tyrol), public bus to Reschen
- Innsbruck, Munich and Verona airport
- Car park approx. €35 per week
- Train connections from Verona via Bolzano and Merano to Mals, public bus to Reschen
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!