Arrival in Warsaw
At 07.00 pm welcome briefing with the tour guide.
After breakfast your city tour through Warsaw starts at 08.30 a.m. You visit the old city, Lazienki Park and the centre. Around 12.00 a.m. your bus transfer to Masuria starts (about 200 km). In the afternoon short bike trip to the birthplace of Ernst Wiecherst in Krutyn.
Your first cycling day introduces a part of the vast forest of the Johannisburg heather (Piska native forest) to Wojnowo, with the opportunity of visiting the Philippon monastery And Salon Marion Dönhoff in Galkowo.
Today we start with a kayak tour on the most beautiful river of Masuria, the river Krutynia (Guided group tour included, individual single tour optional). In the afternoon we cycle to Nikolaiken, our destination of today. You cycle through woodland paths and narrow streets along lonely woods and moorlands. Per ferry you will reach Nikolaiken (from June to September, single tour not included).
Today you cycle along the Masurian lakes around Nikolaiken. You will cross a number of picturesque villages and canals. Your destination is the lake Luknajno with the famous wildlife sanctuary of the wild swan.
Today you cycle along the lake Rhein to Nakomiady. On the way to Rastenburg we recommend to visit the Masurian museum in Owczarnia (not included). Your overnight stay is in Rastenburg / surroundings.
Rastenburg (Ketrzyn) – Sztynort (Steinort) - Gizycko (Lötzen), transfer Gizycko (Lötzen) – Sztynort (Steinort)approx. 35 km
In the beginning the tour brings you to Gierloz, where you can visit the wolf entrenchment (the former headquarter east – single tour not included). Afterwards you cycle to Sztynort (Steinort). Here you can visit the old ruin of the castle of the earls Lehndorff. In the afternoon you go from Steinort to Lötzen with the “White Fleet” and cycle back to Rastenburg/surroundings. From Gizycko (Lötzen) bus transfer to Mragowo/Sensburg
In the morning you cycle to Swieta Lipka/Hl. Linde where the amazing baroque church is. Then you get to Rössel (Reszel). Continue to Mragowo/Sensburg where you stay overnight. 9th day: Warsaw and departure
In the morning you go by bus transfer to Warsaw. Arrival is at about 11.30 am. You have the possibility to visit the market place and the old town. Individual departure.
The daily distances range between 25 and 65 km in partly hilly landscape. Mostly on country and forest lanes, sometimes even on cobbled surface. No knowledge required for participating in the canoe tour.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- 7 x half board = breakfast and dinner (1st day, in Warsaw overnight stay/breakfast)
- Personalwelcome briefing
- Luggage transport between the hotels
- City Tour in Warsaw
- Bus transfer Warsaw – Masuria – Warsaw (incl. rental bike – surcharge own bike € 15,- once)
- Bus transfer Lötzen – Sesburg (incl. rental bike or own bike)
- Ship journey Steinort – Lötzen (incl. rental bike or own bike)
- Tour documentation with maps and detailed route description
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train station Warsaw
- Airport Warsaw (Chopin/Modlin)
- Guarded car parks near the hotel, about € 15,- a day. Reservation not possible and necessary, payable locally.
- Transfer from the airport or train station to the hotel on request (Price depends on the passenger)
- Available identification card is necessary