itinerary at a glance
The nature of Masuria is breathtaking, whether it's the numerous lakes or the Piska Forest. You can enjoy a kayak tour on the Krutynia River and a boat excursion to the Rhein Delta. As a contrast, you can explore the metropolis of Warsaw.
At 07.00 pm welcome briefing with the tour guide.
After breakfast city tour through Warsaw. You visit the old city, Lazienki Park and the centre. Around midday bus transfer to Masuria starts (about 200 km). In the afternoon short bike trip through Puszcza Piska to the birthplace of Ernst Wiechert in Krutyn.
Cycling tour through vast forest of the Johannisburg heather (Piska native forest) to Wojnowo, with the opportunity of visiting the Philippon monastery.
Today we start with a kayak tour on the most beautiful river of Masuria, the river Krutynia (optional). In the afternoon we cycle through the Masurian landscape with its woodland paths and narrow streets along lonely woods and moorlands. After a short ferry ride you will cycle to Nikolaiken/surrounding.
Today you cycle along the Masurian lakes around Nikolaiken. After a ferry ride on the river Rhein in the morning, you will cycle through pictorially villages and sewer back to Nikolaiken/surrounding. Time for strolling through the town and having a coffee. After dinner, campfire with accordion music (optional).
Today you cycle along the lake Rhein to Nakomiady. On the way to Sensburg we recommend to visit the Masurian museum in Owczarnia (not included). In the afternoon you cycle to Nakomiady/Eichmedien with it’s big park and to the Wolfsschanze, Hitler's former headquarters in East Prussia (optional visit). Afterwards bus transfer to Sensburg.
This stage should actually be called "Back to the past". There are still secluded areas in Masuria that take us back to the 19th century. You cycle through a quiet and lonely area and experience pure nature. In the afternoon, you can visit the Protestant church in Sorquitten on the way. Then another cycle tour through the stork village of Gonswen and return to Sensburg.
In the morning you cycle from Sensburg to the old Masurian town of Rössel, where you can visit the mighty castle. Then continue to Heilige Linde, where there is a beautiful baroque church (optional visit and organ concert). In the afternoon, bus transfer (approx. 280 km) to Warsaw.
Individual departure or extension of your stay.
The daily distances range between 15 and 60 km in partly hilly landscape. Mostly on country and forest lanes, sometimes even on cobbled surface. No knowledge required for participating in the canoe tour.
Prices and dates
Category: guesthouses and 3*** hotels
services & information
Further details about this tour
- Accomodation as already mention
- 6x 3-course dinner (1st and 8th day, in Warsaw overnight/BB)
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 City Tour in Warsaw
- 1 Bus transfer Warsaw – Masuria – Warsaw and return (incl. rental bike, excl. own bike)
- 1 Bus transfer Wolfsschanze – Sesburg (incl. rental bike)
- 1 Boat ride Nikolaiken – Rhein (incl. rental bike)
- Service hotline
- Transfer from the airport or train station to the hotel on request (price depends on the number of participants)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train station Warsaw
- Airport Warsaw (Chopin/Modlin)
- Guarded car parks near the hotel, about EUR 20 per day. Reservation not possible nor necessary
Things to note
- Ferry ride on day 4 not included in the travel price
- Extra EUR 30 for your own bike on the transfer Warsaw – Masuria and back, due to limited space reservation is necessary
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.