Itinerary at a glance
Time to visit places of interest, as for example fortress Laibach and the old city centre of the capital city.
Start with a bike ride across the 160 square kilometre Ljubljana Bog. The so-called "Ljubljansko Barje" was once a large lake until it dried up 6000 years ago, leaving behind an incredibly diverse landscape that is now home to some of the rarest bird, plant and insect species in Europe. Along the way, you can visit the remains of the world's highest railroad viaduct in Borovnica and refresh yourself in a typical karst lake in Podpec. Curious people will enjoy the visit to the Technical Museum of Slovenia in Bistra Castle.
Today you will experience the typical Slovenian landscape of this area. Admire the huge world of limestone as you cycle past the beautiful Slivnica Mountain and Planina Lake. In the Rakov Škocjan nature reserve you can stop by the Rak River and marvel at the breathtaking gorge. After the arrival in Postojna is the possibility to go and visit the cave of Postonja, the biggest cave in Kars and the most visited cave in Europe.
In the morning you can visit the impressive castle of Predjama. It is in built into the rock walls and it was the home for the knight Erasmus who is buried under the Hoflinde.
Visit the botanical garden of Sežana before you cycle through sleepy villages and beautiful wine hills until you get to Lipica. It is the home of the world-famous Lipizzaner horses. Historical fans have the possibility to visit the impressive military gallery in the fortified tower in Lokey.
Today you can visit the Škocjan Caves, listed as a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site. On the way to the Adriatic it goes downhill with a beautiful coast panorama till the border of Italy. You have the possibility to make a tour to Trieste to enjoy the Italian “Dolce Vita”. The tour ends in Muggia where you can enjoy a tasty Gelato in the evening.
Along the coast to Izola enjoy your biking tour because you cycle on the new bike route from the former railroad track “Patenzana”, the connection from Trieste to Poreč. Through the sophisticated Portoroz you get to your tour destination, the old Venetian city Piran on the southwest end of Slovenia.
You cycle mainly on side roads with less traffic. In parts also on bike paths and good rideable gravel roads. On city entrances and exits also on roads with more traffic. Slightly hilly to hilly routing.
Prices and dates
Category: 3***- and 4****-hotels, in Stanjle simple accommodation 3***level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person, max. 23 kg)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax
- Printed travel documents (German, English, French, Dutch), costs EUR 30 per package
- Ljubljana Airport – Hotel EUR 65 per transfer (1-3 persons), EUR 79 per transfer (4-8 persons)
- Trieste Airport – Ljubljana EUR 189 per transfer (1-3 persons), EUR 229 per transfer (4-8 persons)
- Piran – Trieste airport EUR 149 per transfer (1-3 persons), EUR 189 per transfer (4-8 persons)
- Piran – Trieste centre EUR 99 per transfer (1-3 persons), EUR 129 per transfer (4-8 persons
- Piran – Ljubljana centre EUR 199 per transfer (1-3 persons), EUR 239 per transfer (4-8 persons)
- Piran – Ljubljana airport EUR 219 per transfer (1-3 persons), EUR 269 per transfer (4-8 persons)
- Reservation necessary, payable in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Ljubljana train station
- Ljubljana, Trieste, or Klagenfurt airport
Things to note
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.