Emerald Route Slovenia
The best of Slovenia.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Ljubljana
Time to visit places of interest, as for example fortress Laibach and the old city centre of the capital city.
The bike tour crosses the moorlands where the oldest wood bike Europe was found. In the hot summer months you have the possibility to go swimming in the small lake. For our technic fan, you should visit the technical museum in Slovenia. Possibility to cycle to Iski Vintgar valley, + approx. 20 km.
Through green landscape you get to the west side. A longer break we recommend in the nature reserve Rakov Skocian, (+approx. 20 km). The shades of the nature are a perfect place to do a picnic. After the arrival in Postojna is the possibility to go and visit the cave of Postonja, the biggest cave in Kars and the most visited cave in Europe.
In the morning you cycle along the impressive castle of Predjama, + approx. 20 km. It is in built into the rock walls and it was the home for the knight Erasmus who is buried under the Hoflinde. In the afternoon you get to the wine hills in the Vipava Tal. At the evening you can taste the best wine from the host (that’s not included).
Through sleepy villages and beautiful wine hills you get to Lipica. It is the home of the world famous Lipizzaner hourses. For historical fans is the possibility to visit the impressive military gallery in the fortified tower in Lokey.
On the way to Adria it goes downhill today with a beautiful coast panorama till to the border to Italy. You have the possibility to make a tour to Triest with the boat. Today the tour ends in Muggia where you can enjoy a tasty Gelato in the evening.
Along the coast to Izola enjoy your biking tour because you cycle on the new bike route from the former rail road track “Patenzana”, the conection from Triest to Porec. Through the sophisticated Portoroz you get to your tour destination, the old Venetian city Piran on the south west end of Slovenia. Possibility to cycle to the saline, (+ approx. 10 km).
Departure or extension
After the breakfast the tour ends additional nights are possible.
You cycle mainly on side roads with less traffic. In parts also on main roads and country roads. The tour from Ljubljana to Vrhinka is easy to cycle. Afterwards it is more exhausting, because you have to manage some hilly passages. The last two stages via Lipica and Trieste are easy again.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per booking (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data on request
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher), in Muggia breakfast only
- Transfer Ljubljana Airport – Hotel EUR 20,- per person, airport Triest – Ljubljana EUR 70,- per person, Piran – airport Triest EUR 60,- per person, Piran – Triest centre EUR 40,- per person, reservation necessary and payable in advance, return transfer from Piran to Ljubljana centre EUR 65,- per person, Piran – Ljubjana airport EUR 75,- per person, reservation necessary and payable in advance ( minimum 2 people)