Three Lakes - Four Countries
Lake Constance, Lake Zurich and Lake Walen.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival to Constance
The largest town on the Lake Constance is still quiet Medieval in character to this day and in 1414 hosted the only church council ever to take place north of the Alps.
Today you will cycle along the romantic Lower Lake through small fishing villages and the well-known town of Stein am Rhein. The Canton capital of Schaffhausen is towered over by the Munot Fortress. There are over 170 oriels in the town which testify to the former wealth of the citizens.
The first highlight of your trip is the Rheinfall waterfall, which you will approach by boat. The Glatt valley will lead you on to Zurich, the fascinating cosmopolitan Swiss city
Today you will cycle along the banks of Lake Zurich, which is also known locally as the Gold Coast, until you come to Rapperswil with its old castle and cross over the lake using the dam. You will come to the small little town of Lachen on the opposite shore.
Today you will cycle along the Linth Canal, the man-made canal between Lake Zurich and Lake Walen, and come to Weesen. Here you will board a boat which will take you to the other end of the lake and Walenstadt. The Lake is 150m deep and is towered over by the 1800m high Churfirsten Mountains.
After a few kilometres you will come to the valley of the Alpenrhein. From here you will reach quickly the principality of Liechtenstein, where numerous and impressive castles are over the valley. The Medieval town of Feldkirch is on Austrian ground.
You will continue to follow along the Rhine for a little longer, then a cogwheel railway will bring you up to Appenzell countryside, to Gais. Alpen meadows and sows, like those from children’s books will accompany you on your way to St. Gallen which is home to one of the formerly most important monasteries in the region. The library is a UNESCO – world heritage site.
You will cycle downhill towards Lake Constance today, which you will reach at the town of Arbon. From here you will cycle along the shoreline through Swiss villages and apple orchards on towards Constance.
Departure or extension
The route runs mainly along its own cycle paths and separate cycle routes. The rout is mainly flat but in Appenzell there it is a little bit hilly.
The route runs mainly along its own cycle paths and separate cycle routes. The route is mainly flat but in Appenzell there it is a little bit hilly.
| Season 1 |
01.10.2021 - 17.10.2021
| Season 2 |
18.04.2021 - 05.05.2021
07.06.2021 - 10.06.2021
14.06.2021 - 17.06.2021
21.06.2021 - 24.06.2021
12.09.2021 - 30.09.2021
| Season 3 |
06.05.2021 - 10.05.202116.05.2021 |
24.05.2021 - 27.05.202106.06.2021 |
11.06.2021 - 13.06.2021
18.06.2021 - 20.06.2021
25.06.2021 - 30.06.2021
22.08.2021 - 11.09.2021
| Season 4 |
11.05.2021 - 15.05.2021
17.05.2021 - 23.05.2021
28.05.2021 - 05.06.2021
01.07.2021 - 21.08.2021
|Three Lakes - Four Countries, 9 days, CH-OSRKK-09X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||269.00||269.00||269.00||269.00|
Category: Hotels of 3***-level
| Season 1 |
Oct 1, 2021 - Oct 17, 2021
| Season 2 |
Apr 18, 2021 - May 5, 2021
Jun 7, 2021 - Jun 10, 2021
Jun 14, 2021 - Jun 17, 2021
Jun 21, 2021 - Jun 24, 2021
Sep 12, 2021 - Sep 30, 2021
| Season 3 |
May 6, 2021 - May 10, 2021May 16, 2021 |
May 24, 2021 - May 27, 2021Jun 6, 2021 |
Jun 11, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021
Jun 18, 2021 - Jun 20, 2021
Jun 25, 2021 - Jun 30, 2021
Aug 22, 2021 - Sep 11, 2021
| Season 4 |
May 11, 2021 - May 15, 2021
May 17, 2021 - May 23, 2021
May 28, 2021 - Jun 5, 2021
Jul 1, 2021 - Aug 21, 2021
|Extra night double room||65.00||65.00||65.00||65.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||94.00||94.00||94.00||94.00|
|Extra night double room||99.00||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||138.00||138.00||138.00||138.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Entrance Rosgartenmuseum incl. 1 cup of coffee
- 1 Boat tour Weesen - Walenstadt incl. bike
- 1 Boat tour Altstätten - Gais incl. bike
- 1 Boat tour to the Rheinfallfelsen
- Service Hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Constance train station
- Zurich, Friedrichshafen or Stuttgart airport
- Bounded parking spaces, EUR 45 per week, reservation necessary, to be paid on spot
- Public parking (Fischmarkt, Dammgasse, Lago, Altstadt, Benediktinerplatz), costs approx. EUR 10-20 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid on spot
- Limited parking at the hotels with costs, no reservation possible, to be paid on spot
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- You can book extra nights for any day of your tour. Prices upon request!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!