Best of Holland, MS Magnifique I
Holland's green heart
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Embarkation and check-in in the center of Amsterdam at 1 pm. At 2 pm the boat will leave to Zaandam. In Zaandam, the ship moors in the center of the city or near the open-air museum Zaanse Schans. Bikes will be handed out and you can go for a short ride to get used to your rental bike or to scope out the area.
After breakfast it is time to start your first bike tour. You will cycle to the open-air museum Zaanse Schans for a short visit. Today´s route ends in the town of Hoorn. The Dutch East India Company used to be based here and in the 17th century Hoorn was one of the most important port cities in the world.
While you enjoy your breakfast, the ship will take you to Volendam. This small, picturesque fishing village lies on the Ijsselmeer coast. From here you take the ferry to the village island Marken. After visiting this very cosy old Dutch village, you continue by bike along the Watercoast coastline to Ijburg. This young part of town has only been built in recent years of artificial islands. From here we continue ro the historic town of Muiden, famous for its old 14th century castleon the waterfront. Your bike tour ends near the village of Weesp, where the boat is already waiting for you. Around 16:00 o´clock the ship goes over the Amsterdam-Rhine-Canal (Dinnercruise) to the small fortress town Vianen.
During breakfast the ship continues to the "silver town"; Schoonhoven. Your cycling tour starts here today and leads you through the Alblasserdam polder to Kinderdijk. This small village is world famous for its 19 large windmills standing in a row. These windmills are on the UNESCO World Heritage list and are an absolute highlight that no visit to the Netherlands should be without. In the nearby town of Alblasserdam you board the fast ferry "Waterbus", which takes you and your bicycle to the centre of Rotterdam within 20 minutes. This city with its lively riverside promenades has the largest port in Europe. In the afternoon, a local guide will show you the most interesting corners of the city centre. There's no dinner on board tonight. So you can try one of Rotterdam's many great restaurants.
After breakfast you cycle across Rotterdam and follow the windings of the gang out of the city, right into the "green heart" of Holland. Let's go to Gouda, the Dutch candle and cheese capital. In the afternoon and evening you will have plenty of time to explore this beautiful historic city with its old market square and city scale, where the famous Gouda cheese was once weighed.
Start your day with a visit to St Jan's Church in Gouda, famous for its stained glass windows. Today's bike tour takes you from Gouda through the typical landscape of the Green Heart of Holland. Enjoy the endless view over the flat, green meadows full of small canals and lakes - everything is below sea level! The long route option now takes you through Leiden, the birthplace of the world-famous painter Rembrandt and home to the oldest university in the Netherlands. Your bike tour ends in the small village of Oude Wetering, where the ship moors overnight.
This morning the ship is leaving earlier to take you to Amsterdam. In the afternoon you can either take a last, wonderful bicycle tour through the nature reserve Waterland in the north of Amsterdam. Or you can plunge into the colourful hustle and bustle of this fascinating city: for example, visit the flower market floating on the water in the city centre, visit one of the many museums or simply go shopping. In the evening you can take a romantic canal trip through the old city centre (UNESCO World Heritage Site). A stylish end to your journey!
After breakfast it is time to check-out and disembark. Please do so before 9am.
Easy cycle rides on predominantly flat and tarmac paths. This makes the tour suitable even for untrained cyclists. You cycle no further than 50km each day.
- Tour and accommodation on board in the booked category
- Full board; 7x breakfast, 6x picnic lunch during bike tours, 6x three course dinner (dinner in Gouda is not included);
- Use of bed linen and towels (change of towels daily possible)
- Cleaning of the cabin
- Welcoming drink and speech on the first evening;
- 2 Tour leaders (multilingual) with daily briefings of the bike tours, some short city tours (free)
- Daily fully guided bike
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours, 1 set per cabin
- Complimentary coffee and tea.
- Visit: mill at Zaanse Schans, Dutch cheese farm, St. Johns church in Gouda
- GPS tracks
- Entrance: "This is Holland" a unique flying experience
- Bike rental insurance €10/week, for e-bikes €25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- For example: Parking Oosterdok www.parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl/english, economy fare approx. € 20.-/24 h. No reservation possible.
- Return transfer by train from Bruges to Amsterdam approx. 40 € per person
Number of participants:
- min. 24 participants
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The use of your own bike is limited due to space on deck! Please specify when booking whether your own bike is an electric or normal bike.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycle
This bicycle- and shiptour leads you through Belgium and the Netherlands. Enjoy the nights on board of the MS Magnifique.