itinerary at a glance
Individual arrival in Mainz and embarkation at 4.00 pm. On the ship, you will be welcomed by your captain and crew and the tour management.
A short leg of the journey with lots of time to indulge: directly alongside the Rhine, you cycle on the well-paved Rhine Cycle Route to Nierstein. With almost 1.000 hectares of vineyard surface area, Nierstein is the biggest wine-growing municipality on the Rhine. You may also visit the historic Old Town with its medieval market square and the noble houses. In the afternoon, enjoy the boat tour from Nierstein to Worms.
Start off for today`s cycle tour in Worms, the city of the Nibelungs. On an extensive cycle tour alongside the bank of the Rhine River, you will have again the possibility to fall for the charms of the vineyards and to enjoy the varied scenery of the Rhine. Today, you cycle from the south towards Nierstein, also referred to as the Riesling City. From there, your ship sets sail for Mainz.
Today the Rhine River and its surrounding area show you the reason why the Upper Middle Rhine Valley has been declared UNESCO World Heritage. Beautiful Rhine islands, steep slate cliffs and vineyards characterize the area around Rüdesheim. On the bike tour, cycle past Eltville with electoral castle, and Oestrich-Winkel, whose landmark is a historic wine loading crane, to Rüdesheim. Here we suggest that you visit the world-famous Drosselgasse.
In the morning, start off from Rüdesheim by bike. Past thick forests and gorgeous vineyards, riding always alongside the Rhine, you will pass sights like the Niederwald Moument and Pfalzgrafenstein Castle, before reaching Oberwesel, today`s destination.
From Oberwesel, you start for a short cycle tour along the Rhine to Boppard. On this short trip, you come by many scenic outposts from where you have the possibility to enjoy the varied landscape. From the bank of the river, the many fortresses and the legendary Loreley cliff offer a picturesque backdrop all along the way
Cycle from Boppard to Koblenz, today`s destination. Here the Moselle River joins the Rhine. One last time, cycle past impres-sive buildings like the Marksburg Castle in Braubach and StolzenfelsCastle. Let the day come to an end at the Deutsche Eck, the German Corner, or ride to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress and enjoy the fantastic panoramic viewover the city of Koblenz
After breakfast, disembarkation until 09:00 am.
Other variations of this tour
Most of the stretches are paved or as-phalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes with-out any gradients of note. Nearly all cycle tours can be classified as being easy.
Prices & Dates
services & information
Further details about this tour
- Program according to itinerary from Mainz to Koblenz
- 7 nights in outside cabins in the booked cabin category
- 1 welcome drink
- Full meals (7x breakfast, 6x packed lunch for cyclists or lunch snack on board, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x 3-course-dinner)
- On board tour guide incl. daily tour briefing
- Daily cabin cleaning, change of bed linen and towels as needed
- 1 route book per cabin
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Bringing your own bike/electric bike: €29,- (on request only, limited)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Car Park at the central station (unguarded, cannot be booked in advance) in Mainz
Things to note
- Minimum number of participants: 75 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here! .
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."