Prague - Dresden
Lust for life at rivers Moldau and Elbe.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Prague
We recommend parking your car in Dresden. Afterwards you go by transfer to Prague. Welcome briefing in the eventing and distribution of rental bikes (if booked) in Prague. Overnight in Prague.
In the golden city many places of interest can be admired. Visit the Hradschin with the old king palace, stroll over the well-known Karlsbridge or dive into the diversified nightlife with innumerable cultural events. Overnight in Prague.
Today you cycle along the river Moldau. The strains of ascents are instantly rewarded by fast descents. Admire the mouth of Moldau and Elbe from the palace hill of Melnik. Melnik is the heart of the Bohemian wine growing area.
Via Roudnice you reach the fortress Terezin. From Terezin only a few kilometres have to be covered to reach the destination of today Litomerice with its beautiful houses. Overnight in Litomerice.
After only about 20 km you reach the city Usti nad Labem Aussig. On the way you can admire the ruin of the old fortress Schreckenstein (literally meaning "horror-castle") situated on the right bank on top of a 100 m high steep rock. In the afternoon you reach Decin. Overnight in Decin.
Today you cross the boarder to Germany and soon you see the first rocks of the Elbe sandstone massive. Past bizarre rock formations the Elbe flows past the fortress Königstein (King Stone). Visit the biggest fortification and enjoy the wonderful view into the Elb valley. Overnight in Pirna.
Past castle Pillnitz you cycle to Dresden. You pass the “blue wonder” and the palaces at the river. Due to the short route you have enough time for sight-seeing in the old city of Dresden.
Easy to medium level. From Prague to Melnik some climbs have to be managed, apart from that easy route along Elbe bike path. Some paths are unsurfaced in parts.
Kategorie: Hotels, Gasthöfe und Pensionen
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Transfer to Prague by minibus incl. bikes ( Minimum number of participants 4), limited space available, a reservation with your booking is necessary; price is € 65 per person, payable on spot.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Prague Train station
- Parking fee in Prague approx EUR 100 per week in the hotel garage
- We recommend arriving to Dresden and going by minibus or by train to Prague. Journey by train for about EUR 35 per person, one way.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not inclueded in the price!
- The biketrip can be combined with the Elbe-bike path classic.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!