Beach chairs, lighthouses and the sea.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Stralsund
You start in the old Hanseatic city of Stralsund. Its former importance as a trading city can still be seen in the old town, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In the morning you take the ferry over the Strelasund to the island of Hiddensee. Visit the 28 m high lighthouse known as „Leuchtfeuer Dornbusch“. In the afternoon you take another boat to Rugen and Breege. If your hotel is in Glowe or Sagard you have to cycle a short distance.
Ride through the beech woods, moors and meadows of National Park Jasmund up to the famous Königsstuhl chalk cliffs. From there you will have a fantastic view. This tour is short but tough. Those who want to avoid ascent should take a boat ride (not included) around the famous cliffs to get some good views.
In Prora you can gaze at the impressive buildings, before passing by Binz with its beautiful bridge and going to Sellin and Göhren.
The Mönchgut peninsula is surrounded but the Baltic Sea on three sides and is one of Rügen’s insider tips. The diverse landscape has a lot to offer and it means that you can spontaneously decide what you feel like doing: a relaxed day on the beach or small walk through sand dunes, moor land and forests. Whatever you pick, you are sure to enjoy it!
From Göhren with the „furious Roland“ to Putbus, from there to Glewitz. By ferry to Stahlbrode and further on to the old Hanseatic City Greifswald.
Keep going along the Baltic Seat o Lubmin with a great beach and a big pine forest. Then to Wolgast with its historical city center partly situated on an island.
You cycle along the „Krumminer Wiek“ to the Baltic resort of Zinnowitz and further along the coast. You will find many bathing spots on your way to Heringsdorf and Bansin.
Departure or extension
Often on level ground, sometimes hilly, but mostly along quiet country roads, cycle paths, field and forest trails and occasionally along sandy tracks, paved paths and even cobbles.
Category: inns and hotels at 3***-level
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat tour Stralsund – Hiddensee incl. bike
- 1 Boat tour Hiddensee – Breege incl. bike
- 1 Train ticket Göhren/Sellin - Putbus incl. bike
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Stralsund every Sunday, costs EUR 79 per person incl your bike, reservation necessary.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Stralsund train station
- Hamburg, Berlin, Rostock-Laage or Heringsdorf airport
- Public car park at “Parkhaus am Meeresmuseum”, approx. EUR 2 per hour, approx. EUR 15 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Good train connection, approx. 2 hours, 1 change.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Boat ride Kreidefelses costs approx. EUR 15 per person
- Boat ride Glewitz – Stahlbrode costs approx. EUR 2,50 per person incl. your bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!