Itinerary at a glance
You should come early to have enough time for sightseeing in the historic city of Eisenach. Famous persons like Johann Sebastian Bach or Martin Luther King have lived here.
You follow the river Hörsel, afterwards you continue through the Thuringian basin. You reach Gotha in the early afternoon, so there is enough time for sightseeing.
In the morning you cycle to Wechmar which won an award for being the most beautiful village in Thuringia in 2003. This village is also well-known for its Bach museum. Afterwards you can admire castle Wachsenburg, castle Mühlburg and castle Gleichen on your way to Gera and Erfurt.
After today’s short stage you arrive in Weimar. Visit the palace, the museum, the theatre or the park. We are sure that you will not be bored today.
The route is very well signposted and leads you along asphalted roads, bike paths, forest paths and trails. Every bike day has long flat routes as well as some hilly sections, only a few parts where you have to push the bike.
Prices and dates
Category: comfortable middle class hotels
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Eisenach every Thursday at 9 am, costs EUR 55, extra EUR 40 for your own bike, minimum 2 persons, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Eisenach train station
- Erfurt airport
- Car park at the hotel, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Good train connections from Weimar to Eisenach
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.