Arrival in Eisenach
You should come early to have enough time for sightseeing in the historic city of Eisenach. Famous persons like Johann Sebastian Bach or Martin Luther King have lived here.
You follow the river Hörsel, afterwards you continue through the Thuringian basin. You reach Gotha in the early afternoon, so there is enough time for sightseeing.
In the morning you cycle to Wechmar which won an award for being the most beautiful village in Thuringia in 2003. This village is also well-known for its Bach museum. Afterwards you can admire castle Wachsenburg, castle Mühlburg and castle Gleichen on your way to Gera and Erfurt.
After today’s short stage you arrive in Weimar. Visit the palace, the museum, the theatre or the park. We are sure that you will not be bored today.
The route is very well signposted and leads you along asphalted roads, bike paths, forest paths and trails. Every bike day has long flat routes as well as some hilly sections, only a few parts where you have to push the bike.
Category: comfortable middle class hotels
- Accommodation as allready mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Eisenach every Thursday, this costs EUR 40 per person incl. your bike, minimum number of participants is 2, to be paid in advance, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Eisenach train station
- Erfurt airport
- Car park at the hotel, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Good train connections from Weimar to Eisenach