Trier - Coblenz
The wine route along Moselle.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Trier
Plan enough time to visit the historic inner city with Porta Nigra, the amphietheatre, the emperor hot springs or the beautiful dome.
Along Moselle bike path to Trittenheim where a special path gives lots of information about wine and winemaking. In the evening you can attend a wine tasting on Mondays and Tuesdays (reservation when booking the tour necessary).
In the morning you reach Neumagen-Dhron, the oldest wine village in Germany. You should spend your lunch on the market square of Bernkastel-Kues.
Through the vineyard „Kröver Nacktarsch“ to Traben-Trarbach. We recommend making a boat tour along the river. After a stop in Enkirch with its beautiful half-timber architecture you reach Zell.
Today you cycle via Beilstein, the „Rothenburg at the Moselle“ to Cochem. Here you can visit the picturesque centre as well as the old fortress from the 11th century. In the evening you can attend a wine tasting on Tuesdays and Thursdays (reservation when booking the tour necessary).
After the visit of the medieval fortress Eltz you cycle the last kilometres through the Moselle valley to Coblenz.
Really relaxed cycling in mostly flat terrain
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Trier train station
- Public multi story car park close to the hotel costs approx. € 9 per day, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Return transfer by minibus to Trier every Saturday morning, this costs € 50 per person incl. your bike, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Coblenz to Trier