Arrival in Mellenthin
Welcome to the Baltic, welcome to your hotel, located in the old water castle (Wasserschloss). Check into your hotel and then make a date for your 30-minute back massage. Take a first tour through the town or go for a swim – there are many.
Your first stage brings you to Swinemünde. On the way you pass the well-known resorts of Heringsdorf and Basin. An arm of the Baltic Sea separates the islands of Usedom and Wollin from each other. Explore the town centre with its historic town hall, Christuskirche and the tower of the Luther Church. Today, the church tower is a cafe and viewing point.
On your way to Wolgast you pass the resort of Zinnowitz. Enjoy the unspoiled tranquility of the island countryside. You can watch the waves rushing onto the beach and see the trees in the coastal forests swaying in the wind. Wolgast is your second place to stay on this holiday and has a special flair thanks to its combination of tradition and modernity. Special buildings in the town are St. Peter‘s Church, the baroque town hall and Gertrudenkapelle.
You cycle to Peenemünde, the northernmost community on the island. The place is known for rocket development in the former military testing grounds. In Peenemünde‘s history and technology museum you can find out all about the events back then and the history of the town. After an extended visit of the museum, the ferry takes you to the mainland, to Freest and you cycle back to Wolgast.
Today’s stage takes you to Lassan, one of Germany‘s smallest towns. St. Johannis Church, the remains of the Medieval town fortifications, the Lassan mill, and the restored timber-framed houses all adorn the town. The forests nearby and the town‘s location on the waterside give it its special flair. Now it‘s on, back to Meelenthin.
A splendid avenue of chestnut trees takes you via challenging cycle paths to the peninsular of Lieper Winkel. It‘s between the backwaters and Peenestrom. The most well-known town here is Rankwitz. Thatched timber-framed houses and fisherman‘s houses give the village it‘s je ne sais quoi. In the quiet opportunities.
Departure or extension
Partly flat, partly slightly hilly terrain, mainly on quiet country roads, cycle paths, country lanes and forest paths, occasionally also on sandy slopes, concrete slap tracks and cobblestones.
- Accommodation in Hotel Wasserschloss Mellenthin and Hotel Speicher
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French and Dutch with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat tour Pennemünde – Freest incl. your bike
- 1 Entrance Historic-Technical Museum Pennemünde
- 1 back massage (30 minutes) in Mellenthin
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bansin or Anklam train station
- Rostock-Laage, Berlin or Hamburg airport
- Public car park free of charge at the watercastle Mellenthin, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Hotel Wasserschloss Mellenthin
The Wasserschloss Mellenthin, where Renaissance and modern accents merge to an excellent ambience.
Hotel Speicher Wolgast
In addition to a magnificent view of the Peene and the idyllic Wolgaster museum harbour, a pleasant atmosphere, cosiness and relaxation await you.