Merano - Lake Garda
From the Alps to the Lago.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Meran
Travel documentsand rental bikes (if booked) are to be found at the hotel.
Take the train line ‘Vinschgaubahn’ towards the mountain pass ‘Reschenpass’. From the town of Mals onwards to Glurns (perfectly preserved Medieval city wall). Via the Montani ruins past Schlanders and heading south to Merano. Castles and palaces dot your way or tower high above (i.e. Juval castle owned by the Austrian mountaineer Reinhold Messner). While cycling enjoy marvellous views of the impressive ‘Ortler’ massif and the ’Stilfserjoch’. This stage can be shortened if you wish.
Via Lana (Schnatterpeck altar) and through numerous orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolian wine route, past several well-fortified castles, palaces and ruins onwards to Eppan and along the base of Sigmundskron castle (Messner-Mountain museum) to Bolzano (pergolas, ‘Ötzi’ museum).
There are two ways to get to lake Caldaro: either the slightly hilly way on the bike path via Eppan or on the flat cycle path along the Adige dam until the charming wine village Auer.
From Auer you continue on the cycle path along the Adige dam. The ‘Salurner Klause’ is the end of the German speaking part of South Tyrol. The route leads you through the famous Trentino wine regions into the ancient diocesan town Trento (lovely old part of town, cathedral, Buonconsiglio palace).
Shortly after the old Tyrolian border town of Rovereto, our cycling tour leaves the Adige valley. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After the only ascent worth mentioning (approx. 150 m)over the small San Giovanni pass, the path leads downhill along the lake towards Torbole. The cycle tour either ends in Riva or Torbole.
Departure or extension
An easy cycle tour, mainly on cycle paths. Only towards lake Caldaro and lake Garda will you come across minor ascents.
Category: 3*** hotels and 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route descriptions, local attractions, important phone numbers)
- Train journey with the ‘Vinschgaubahn’ to Mals incl. your bike
- 1 x Pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Meran every Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, costs € 58 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Merano train station
- Verona airport
- Public car park close to the hotel costs approx. € 30 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Public bus to Rovereto and train journey to Meran
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Also available as a family tour
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Welcome to Hotel Everest, the hotel in Trento, run by our family for over 60 years – now in the third generation!
The Bike Hotel Caravel is situated in a fabulous location in the centre of the surfer paradise Torbole, only a few minutes walk from the shores of the deep blue Lake Garda.
Nature, hospitality, and cordiality are our chief concerns
Here at the Kaufmann Bio-Hotel in Auer / Ora, every guest will feel right at home in our family-oriented surroundings. For us, the greatest praise is when departing guests talk about coming back to see us again on their next vacation in South Tyrol.
City Hotel Merano
The family-run city hotel and the Mediterranean lifestyle of the spa town with its natural surroundings match perfectly: modern and stylish, always a bit different than usual. An exciting contrast to the charming historic centre. Experience Merano, its restaurants, boutiques and markets up close. During a pleasant break in airy suites, dishes full of imagination and a lot of recreation, 365 days a year.
Flora Hotel & Suites
As couple or with the whole family?
The Hotel Flora will delight you
Grand Hotel Trento
Located directly at the Piazza Dante in the city centre is the Grand Hotel Trento, which not just impresses with its special architecture.