Today, you will cycle along the Salzach, then on the old Ischler rail trail until Eugendorf and further on to Thalgau. You cycle pass the Drachenwand which is a massive rock edge next to Lake Mondsee. Overnight stay in Mondsee (castle, smokehouse).
Hotel (example) category A: Krone
Hotel (example) catgeory B: Meingast
You cycle along the south bank of Lake Attersee through the romantic Weißenbachtal Valley into the Trauntal Valley and the Emporer’s city of Bad Ischl. Along the Ischler Ache you reach Lake Wolfgangsee. You will cycle through places such as St. Wolfgang (White Horse Inn, parish church, cog railway on to the Schafberg), Strobl, Lake Abersee (Zinkenbachklamm gorge) and St. Gilgen - the Mozart village on Lake Wolfgangsee.
Hotel (example) category A: Seehotel Huber
Hotel (example) categroy B: Aberseehof
On the seventh day, you will follow the cycle route to St. Gilgen ("Mozart Village"), the short hiking trail into the Tiefbrunnau and on to the deep blue Fuschlsee - From there, past the Hintersee lake, and the Strubklamm gorge into the Wiestal valley (dam); You will come through the Glasenbachklamm into the Salzachtal valley. Shortly before reaching Salzburg, it is worth visiting the castle Schloss Hellbrunn (park, zoo, water games). Your destination is the festival and Mozart city of Salzburg with its numerous attractions (fortress, old town).
Hotel (example) categorie A: ARCOTEL Castellani
Hotel (example) category B: Ganslhof
Departure or extension
On the banks of the lakes and at the river Salzach, the routes are completely flat. In between, the terrain is mainly hilly. Depending on the option chosen, approximately one third of the route is on cycle paths and almost all the rest is through fields and on forest paths, farm roads, and quiet side roads. There are only a few short sections on roads with more traffic.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
30.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
09.09.2023 - 29.09.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 08.09.2023
|10 Lakes & Sound of Music, 5 days, Cat. A, AT-SKRZS-05A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||249.00||249.00||249.00|
|10 Lakes & Sound of Music, 5 days, Cat. B, AT-SKRZS-05B|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||119.00||119.00||119.00|
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: 3*** hotels, inns, and guest houses
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- navigation App and GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Salzburg car park approx. EUR 10 - 15 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Public multi-storey car park approx. € 70,- per week
Lakes Trumer Seen: free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Necessary expenses not included in the price of the trip. When possible all costs will be included in the quote, otherwise only the nature of the costs will be describe
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!