Today, you will cycle along the Salzach, then on the old Ischler rail trail until Eugendorf and further on to Thalgau. You cycle pass the Drachenwand which is a massive rock edge next to Lake Mondsee. Overnight stay in Mondsee (castle, smokehouse).
Hotel (example) category A: Leitnerbräu
Hotel (example) catgeory B: Meingast
You cycle along the south bank of Lake Attersee through the romantic Weißenbachtal Valley into the Trauntal Valley and the Emporer’s city of Bad Ischl. Along the Ischler Ache you reach Lake Wolfgangsee. You will cycle through places such as St. Wolfgang (White Horse Inn, parish church, cog railway on to the Schafberg), Strobl, Lake Abersee (Zinkenbachklamm gorge) and St. Gilgen - the Mozart village on Lake Wolfgangsee.
Hotel (example) category A: Weisser Bär
Hotel (example) categroy B: Aberseehof
You will follow the cycle route to St. Gilgen. From there you will hike up approx. 1 hour into the Tiefbrunnau (your bike will be transferred by a minibus). Again by bike you cycle to Lake Hintersee and through the Strubklamm gorge into the Wiestal valley. You will come through Glasenbachklamm gorge into the Salzachtal valley and back to Salzburg.
Hotel (example) categorie A: Achat Plaza zum Hirschen
Hotel (example) category B: Ganslhof
On the banks of the lakes and at the river Salzach, the routes are completely flat. In between, the terrain is mainly hilly. Depending on the option chosen, approximately one third of the route is on cycle paths and almost all the rest is through fields and on forest paths, farm roads, and quiet side roads. There are only a few short sections on roads with more traffic.
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: 3*** hotels, inns, and guest houses
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French, Italian) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Bike transfer into the Tiefbrunnau/opportunity for limited number of persons to get a lift
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Salzburg: Category A: car park approx. € 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Salzburg Category B: car park approx. € 8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Public multi-storey car park approx. € 65,- per week
Lakes Trumer Seen: free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Necessary expenses not included in the price of the trip. When possible all costs will be included in the quote, otherwise only the nature of the costs will be describe
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!