Munich Lakes Tour
Isar Cycle Path and Bavarian Lakes.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Munich
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. The capital city of Bavaria is awaiting you and invites you to visit its many attractions (English Garden, Town Hall, Hofbräuhaus,…)
From Munich, the tour starts with a bike ride through Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. Then you will cycle on the lakeside road to Seeshaupt. You will continue on wonderful ways through rustic Bavarian towns, past the Osterseen lakes and Lake Riegsee to Murnau am Staffelsee.
First, you will cycle through the natural reserve called Murnauer Moos (largest swamp area of Central Europe). Later, you will continue your tour through unspoiled nature following the River Loisach to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The stage is intentionally brief. Therefore, there is still enough time for an individual trip with the Zugspitzbahn, a mountain railway. At an altitude of 2962 meters, you will have a wonderful view of the Alps.
You will take the train to Scharnitz to bridge an altitude of 300 meters. From there, you will cycle uphill through wildly romantic gorges and lush meadows to the spring of the River Isar. Afterwards, you will cycle back through a sunny valley where you will have a marvellous panoramic view of the mountains of Karwendel and Wettersteingebirge, passing Mittenwald and finally arriving in Wallgau – a place where the Bavarian tradition is still a part of everyday life.
Passing the Isarwinkel, you will follow the crystal-clear, turquoise waters of the impressive Lake Sylvenstein. Cycling through charming landscapes, you will pass Lenggries and finally arrive in Bad Tölz. The location at the crossroads of two trade routes - the River Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall to Allgäu - quickly became a thriving trading centre. The ornate mansions testify the golden age.
The Isar bike way leads you from Bad Tölz over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen directly to Grünwald. After a few short climbs you will arrive back in Bavaria’s state capital Munich, where you can explore its countless sights and attractions.
Overall, this is a rather easy tour. A few short climbs can be conquered easily by pushing the bike. You will cycle on beautiful bike ways and minor roads. Main roads will only be used for short distances. The route is mostly paved; some longer passages are on natural roads which are in good condition.
Category: 3*** hotels, Munich 4**** hotel
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (DE, EN)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Train journey from Garmisch Partenkirchen – Scharnitz
- 1x veal sausage breakfast
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Munich central train station
- Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 49 for 8 days and approx. € 59 for 10 days, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Free car park close to the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for train journey to Garmisch – Scharnitz approx. € 5/bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Hotel Sheraton Westpark
Welcome to your city hotel in Munich ! Stay connected to Sheraton in the heart of the city.
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten
Our reposeful, traditional hotel is situated in the heart of Garmisch-Partenkirchen at the foot of the Alps.
Spend your holidays in beautiful Upper Bavaria whilst enjoying a stay at our spa hotel!
In the middle of Garmisch-Partenkirchen the ATLAS Posthotel stands proudly on the foundation walls since 1512 A.D. and was named first as a tavern during the Thirty Years War.