Isar Cycle Path and Bavarian Lakes.
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
From Munich, the tour starts with a bike ride through Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. From Starnberg, you will continue your tour on the bike path next to the lake to Ambach or even further to Bernried. Enjoy some time at the lake with its crystal clear waters and wonderful views of the surrounding mountains.
Hotel (example): Landhotel Huber am See
Today, you will cycle on scenic trails through unspoilt Bavarian villages, past the Osterseen lakes and Lake Riegsee to Murnau am Staffelsee. On the way, there are many lakes which invite you to swim. In Murnau not only the Münterhaus is worth a visit. The connection between art and music in this town has always characterized the people and architecture.
Hotel (example): Angerbräu
On the fourth day you will pass Lake Kochlsee and Benediktbeuern and cycle through charming landscapes to Bad Tölz. The location at the crossroads of two trade routes - the river Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall to Allgäu - quickly became a thriving trading centre. The ornate mansions testify the golden age.
Hotel (example): Kolberbräu
The Isar bike way leads you from Bad Tölz over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen directly to Grünwald. After a few short climbs you will arrive back in Bavaria’s state capital Munich. Individual departure or an additional night in Munich or the surrounding area.
Overall, this is a rather easy tour. A few short climbs can be conquered easily by pushing the bike. You will cycle on beautiful bike ways and minor roads. Main roads will only be used for short distances. The route is mostly paved; some longer passages are on natural roads which are in good condition.
Category: 3*** hotels, Munich 4**** hotel
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Munich central train station
- Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 49 for 8 days and approx. € 59 for 10 days, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Free car park close to the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!