Arrival in Salzburg
Having left Salzburg, you leave the Alps behind and cycle through the Alpine foothills instead. On the first section you will cycle through extensive alluvial forests. The Tauern bike path ends in Tiitmoning and from here you follow the nature trail along the Lower Inn before reaching Burghausen, today's destination. Outstanding parts of this town are its magnificent historic centre and the Central Europe's largest castle complex.
The route leads you along the river Inn to Braunau. This gothic town is a perfect place for lunch. On the way you will see numerous bird colonies. You can cycle the rest of today's stage on either the Bavarian or Austrian side. Today´s destination Obernberg has a well-known market square with many baroque buildings.
Soon you reach the abbey "Stift Reichersberg“, which is worth a visit. On your route alongside the river Inn you cycle through small towns like Schärding, where you can have a rest in the baroque market square. Not much further and you will have reached the final destination on this beautiful bike trip: Passau. The city of three rivers has a lot to offer. For example the world´s largest organ is situated inside the city's cathedral. A cruise on the river would certainly be the ultimate finish to this wonderful bike ride!
Departure or extension
In Passau there is a lot to discover. If you would like to stay here for longer we will happily book some extra nights for you.
The Tauern bike path runs from start to finish with no breaks in it. The route is also fully signposted. The route runs through quiet areas on paved paths and country roads. At times you will have to cycle along busier routes. There are a few short sections of the route where the cycling surface is bumpy. Overall the quality of the cycle route can be described as very good. There are hardly any hills in this version of the tour, which also makes it suitable for families with children.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening neak (mostly multi couse, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Krimml daily, this costs € 69 per person incl.your bike, to be paid in advance
Passau – Krimml, departure 2 p.m.
Schärding – Krimml, departure 2.30 p.m.
Salzburg – Krimml, departure 4 p.m.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Krimml train station
- Salzburg, Innsbruck or Munich airport
- Public car park close to the hotels in Krimml costs € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary. Please inform us how you arrive, the hotels will be booked accordingly.
- Public multi storage car park in Passau, this costs approx. € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!