Königswinkel - based in one hotel
Between Bavaria and Austria.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Pfronten
While you are enjoying your welcome drink, we are explaining the programme for the week to you. There is a special room at the hotel where you can put your bikes.
Beginner’s tour: From Pfronten you will cycle via Vils and Pinswang to Reutte. There, you can explore the picturesque market town. On your way back, you will pedal via Lechaschau on a beautiful path through Auwald and the gently rolling hills of the valley Ranzental. Back to Pfronten.
The shuttle will take you to today’s starting point Grän. From there, you will follow the Tannheim bike trail through the valley Tannheimertal to Unterjoch, Lake Volsalpsee and Lake Haldensee and return through the valley Engetal down to Pfronten.
Today’s tour will take you on forest trails along the river Lech, through mixed forests, past the waterfall Lechfall, and further to Füssen. From there you will ride your bike along the lake Forggensee, via the bird reservoir Vogelberg to the lake Bannwaldsee - always having a great view of the Bavarian royal castles.
The tour will take you through the landscapes around Pfronten and towards the ruin Eisenberg. On the way you will get to see many fascinating views. On your way back, you will cycle along the Allgäu Riviera and past Lake Weissensee.
The shuttle will take you on a comfortable ride to Reutte. Today’s route will take you through the nature reserve Lechtal. Along the wild river Lech you will cycle through the Lech meadows. After crossing a bridge over the river, you will pedal back to Pfronten on the other side of the Lech.
Today’s final tour offers many interesting things to see. You will cycle through pristine forests, on the King Ludwig bike path to Schwangau, where you will find the Bavarian royal castles Neuschwanstein and Hohen Schwangau.
Every day at dinner you will get more details about the day’s programme. You will be informed in depth about the characteristics of the tours. If necessary, the tours can also be adapted depending on the weather and your personal condition. It is also possible combine easier tours with more demanding ones.
Hotel: Hotel-Garni Kalkbrennerhof in Pfronten
- Accommondation in Hotel Kalkbrennerhof
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome drink
- Detailed travel documents
- Bus shuttle incl. bike to Reutte
- Bus shuttle incl. bike to Grän
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Pfronten/Steinach train station, please inform us about your time of arrival so that we can arrange a free pickup service by shuttle bus for you
- Arrival by car via motorway A7 Ulm – Kempten – Füssen, exit Oy-Mittelberg/Nesselwang/Pfronten. Free parking spaces at the hotel.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!