Husum, North coast and North Frisia Islands.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Husum
Perhaps you have time to visit the Castle of Husum and the historic city centre.
Follow the route through the North Frisian coastal landscape, past Bredstedt, and to Dagebüll. In the afternoon, take the ferry to the island of Föhr and spend the night there.
Explore the luscious green island in North Frisia. Once you leave the capital city of Wyk, there is nothing but peace and tranquillity as far as the eye can see
Enjoy the island of Amrum today. The sandbank is over 1 km / 1.6 mi wide and is one of the most awesome beaches on Germany’s North Sea coast. Frisian houses dot the landscape of meadows, sand dunes, forest, and heath. Stay overnight on the island of Amrum.
Boat trip from Marum to Hallig Hooge – excl. your bike. You will visit Hallig Hooge today with its typical terps and settlement hills which keeps the inhabitants save during floods. There is also the “Friesenstube Königspesel” in which the Danish King Friedrich VI stayed overnight long time ago. As an alternative you can visit the island of Sylt (arranged by your own).
Cycle through Dagebüll and along the dikes until you reach the North Frisian town of Bredstedt. The town is known as a centre for linguistic research. Stay overnight in or near Bredstedt.
Cycle along the dikes across the Wadden See, past Hamburger Hallig and Nordstrandischmoor. Continue to Nordstrand. The “Pharisäer”, a coffee drink made with rum and whipped cream, was created there. If you like, you can take a quick detour to the island of Pellworm today. Make your way back to the mainland and the city of Husum. Spend the night there.
Departure or extension
Individual Departure or the possibility to extend your trip.
Easy bike tour. You are cycling on flat well reconstructed cycle paths.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room, German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1 Ferry ticket Schlütsiell/Dagebüll – Föhrincl. bike
- 1 Ferry ticket Föhr – Amrum incl. bike
- 1 Ferry ticket Amrum – Dagebüll/Schlütsiell incl. bike
- 1 Ferry ticket Amrum – Hallig Hooge excl. bike
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Husum train station
- Hamburg or berlin airport
- Public Multi-storey car park at the harbour approx. EUR 6 per day or car park at the hotel approx. EUR 8 per day
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!