Amalfi Coast, Deriya Deniz
Naples, Capri and Ischia.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival to Castellamare di Stabia is arranged by you. You will one of Italy's most traditional shipyards in this green harbour town in the Gulf of Naples. It is named after Stabiae, an old Roman settlement, whcih was destroyed by Mt Vesuvius in an eruption.
You embark the boat in the evening at about 6pm. You will then get your first dinner on board and a welcome drink to enjoy.
Today you are cycling to the ancient city of Pompeii, which was burried by hot lava by Vesuvius. You then return to the boat and 'set sail' to Sorrento. After a short walk around the town, you return to the boat. You will stay overnight in roadstead unless there are bad weather conditions in which case the boat will remain in the port.
In the morning you set off by bike along the Sorrento coast. You cross “Passo San Pietro” (St. Peter’s pass) and reach the Amalfi coast. You will cycle along the wonderful coastal road overlooking the sea up to Positano and then on to Amalfi. Your tour representative will give you tips where to go for dinner in Amalfi. Overnight stay is in Amalfi's port.
You continue your bike ride from Amalfi along the coastal road with wonderful views of the sea. You will go through idyllic villages like Minori, Maiori and Cetara. We recommend taking a detour to Ravello (aprrox. 10km extra) to see its cathedral and to get a fantastic view across the Gulf of Salerno. You then continue to Vuetri and then further on to Cetara.
Cetara - Capri - Ischia
You will get to Capri harbour on the tender boat. You can then discover the island by boat. You will go past Faraglioni and the fascinating rock formations along the Guld of Naples, which is dominated by Mt Vesuvius. You then take the boat to Ischia island. Dinner is on board.
Ischiaapprox. 20 km
Today's bike ride goes through Ischia's port and the western part of the island. You will sense the Mediterranean landscape whilst going past dispersed villages. The picturesque island has been used as the backdrop in many films for example in The Talented Mr Ripley (1999). You will stay overnight in Ischia - Sant' Angelo. Dinner will be on board.
We sail up to Procida, where you can walk around the town and San Michele Abbey. Explore the little alleyways in this quirky old town with its baroque churches and palaces. In the afternoon, you return to the boat and we navigate to Castellammare di Stabia. Alternatively, you can take public transport there.
Departure from Castellammare di Stabia.
A good level of fitness is required as there are ascents of more than 600 meters. Each day you will cycle between 25 and 35km along coastal roads.
- 7 nights on board (5x harbour, 2x roadstead)
- Full board: breakfast, packed lunch for cycle trips or snack on board, 6x dinner
- Bed linen and towels (change of towels once a week)
- English and Italian speaking tour guide
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- You can park at Castellammare harbour for about €80 per week. Pay there. No reservation possible.
- You can take the train to Naples and then from Napoli Centrali station to Castellammare Centrale station. Then take a public bus or taxi to the landing stage.
- You can fly to Napoli Capodichino airport. A shared transfer for 4 people from the Airport - harbour - Airport costs about €90. For 8 people it costs €120 each way. Reservation is necessary
Number of participants
- Minimum of 4 people
- Depending on the number of people booked on the trip either both boats or just one of them will be running!
- We reserve the right to make alterations to the itinerary, depending on wind and weather conditions, or organisational requirements. This is no reason for a free cancellation.
- Please note that space in the cabins is limited. We recommend bringing good rain clothes (coat and trousers), a helmet, a sun hat and sunscreen as well as trainers with you.
- The boat stays 6 nights in the harbour and 2 nights in the roadstead. The roadstead is outside of harbours and in the sea. If there is bad weather, the boat has to stay in the harbour for these two nights too. If this is the case, there is an additional harbour fee of €20 to €50 per person.