The day will start with a tour through the nature reserve Ibmer Moor to the Benedictine abbey Michaelbeuern. You can either cycle around or over mount Haunsberg to the Trumer Seen lakes (lakes Grabensee, Mattsee, and Obertrumersee) or to Lake Wallersee.
Hotels (example) category A: Walkner
Hotels (example) category B: Mitterhof
The day begins with a boat trip to Weyregg (for arrivals between 01.07. and 31.08.), in season 1 and 2 you cycle along lake Attersee. Afterwards, you will cycle through the Aurachtal valley to Lake Traunsee with Gmunden (castle Orth, ceramics factory), Altmünster (bicycle museum), and Traunkirchen ("Fishermen’s Pulpit").
Hotels (example) category A: Post Traunkirchen
Hotel (example) category B: Hocheck
By train you will go from Lake Traunsee up to Obertraun at Lake Hallstättersee (Dachstein mountainous ice caves). Later, you will continue along the lake to Hallstatt ("the loveliest lakeside location in the world", the oldest salt mine). Your today’s destination is Bad Goisern or one of the neighbouring towns.
Hotels (example) category A: Moserwirt
Hotel (example) categroy B: Maria Theresia
Via Bad Ischl (Emperor’s Park, Emperor’s Villa, Empress Sissi’s Teahouse) you will cycle along the Ischler Ache river to Lake Wolfgangsee: You will cycle through places such as St. Wolfgang (White Horse Inn, parish church, cog railway on to the Schafberg), Strobl, Lake Abersee (Zinkenbachklamm gorge) and St. Gilgen - the Mozart village on Lake Wolfgangsee.
Hotels (example) categroy A: Weisser Bär
Hotel (example) category B: Aberseehof
On the seventh day, you will follow the cycle route to St. Gilgen ("Mozart Village"), the short hiking trail into the Tiefbrunnau, past the Hintersee lake, and the Strubklamm gorge into the Wiestal valley (dam); You will come through the Glasenbachklamm into the Salzachtal valley. Shortly before reaching Salzburg, it is worth visiting the castle Schloss Hellbrunn (park, zoo, water games). Your destination is the festival and Mozart city of Salzburg with its numerous attractions (fortress, old town).
Hotels (example) category A: Achat Plaza zum Hirschen
Hotel (exampe) category B: Ganslhof
On the banks of the lakes and at the river Salzach, the routes are completely flat. In between, the terrain is mainly hilly. Depending on the option chosen, approximately one third of the route is on cycle paths and almost all the rest is through fields and on forest paths, farm roads, and quiet side roads. There are only a few short sections on roads with more traffic.
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: 3*** hotels, inns, and guest houses
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French, Italian) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Boat ride on Lake Attersee incl. your bike for arrivals between 01.07. and 31.08.
- Train journey Lake Traunsee – Lake Hallstättersee incl. bike (does not apply to the shortened tour)
- Bike transfer into the Tiefbrunnau/opportunity for limited number of persons to get a lift
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Salzburg: Category A: car park approx. € 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Salzburg Category B: car park approx. € 8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Public multi-storey car park approx. € 65,- per week
Lakes Trumer Seen: free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Necessary expenses not included in the price of the trip. When possible all costs will be included in the quote, otherwise only the nature of the costs will be describe
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!