Innsbruck - Augsburg
Along the Romantic Road.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Innsbruck
Tour information and distribution of the bikes. The famous old town, the golden roof and the Bergisel ski jump are all world famous attractions that lure visitors into Salzburg.
You cycle along the River Inn on the former tow path. You will be at the foot of the Martinswand and you will cycle through small villages and market towns to Stams where there is a baroque monastary (Zisterzienserstift). You continue cycling via Haiming to Imst. It is well worth going for a walk here as there are many fountains to see as well as a magnificent mountainous scenery.
Bus transfer up to the Hahntenjoch situated at 2000m above sea level. If there is snow, the transfer will be via the Fernpass. Afterwards you have a wonderful descent to Elmen in the Lech valley. The wonderful mountainous landscape, the river and the town of Reutte all combine to make for a dream trip. Füssen, which is boxed in by great Alpine peaks and turqoise mountain lakes, promises you an entertaining stay.
Both King Louis’ fairytale castles (situated within the Königswinkel) and the excavated Roman baths (at the valley station of the Tegelberg) are definitely worth a visit. The world famous Wies church is also highly worth a visit. In addition, you will also have great scenery whilst cycling to Schongau via Steingaden and Peiting.
Today you get spectacular views of the Lech valley thanks to the slightly undulating route that you shall take. You can discover traces from the Roman times in Altenstadt, Hochenfurch and Epfach. The cycle path is great and runs all the way into Landsberg’s medieval centre. The historical town hall and the Bavarian gothic gate are must-sees for every visitor in this area.
You cycle along the River Lech via Kaufering to Königsbrunn (lasting 11km this is the best retained section of the Via Claudia) and then you continue further on to the Fugger town of Augsburg with its famous Fuggerei dating back to the year 1516. There are also many memorials from all eras.
You cycle along the River Inn and Lech on bike paths and small side roads on what is a quiet and scenic route close to the Roman road. A bike tour that is great for all. From Imst/Hahntenjoch 2000m (transfer), you constantly cycle gently downhill with short hilly sections.
Kategorie: 3***-Hotels, in Innsbruck 4****-Hotel
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German and English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Bus transfer via the Hahntennjoch (or the Fernpass) incl. your bike
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Advance transfer to Innsbruck every Sunday at approx. 3 p.m. from Augsburg, costs € 69 per person incl. your bike, reservation necessary, to be paid for at the time
- Innsbruck train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park in Augsburg or Innsbruck approx. € 55 per week, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time
- Good train connections from Innsbruck to Augsburg
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
Enjoy Tirolean hospitality in the town centre of Imst, in the heart of the Tirolean Alps!