Ilm Cycle Path
Ilmenau - Weimar.
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Today you will leave Ilmenau and follow the Ilm along tranquil trails to Kranichfeld. Plan your lunch break in Stadtilm, where you find the biggest marketplace of Thuringia! Cycling through the valley enclosed by beautiful limestone cliffs. In the afternoon you reach the two-guarantor's town Kranichfeld.
From Kranichfeld cycle on Ilmradweg to Tannroda, a small town in Weimar country with a Castle arrangement and the Thuringian basket weaver's museum. From there continue to the Health resort town Bad Berka and further you will cross the opposite side of the river by cycling the historical bridge of Buchfahrt and finally Weimar is expecting you. Weimar is rich in culture and attracted many great thinkers like Goethe and Schiller. The city has a beautiful historical centre.
An attractive distance to be cycled along the castles and parks. Wickerstedt and Eberstedt with his historical mill and the swimming hut village come up on the way to the health resort town Bad Sulza. Journey Weimar-Bad Sulza or Bad Sulza-Weimar by train included.
Easy cycle tour along the cycle paths of river Ilm and Saale.
- Accommodation in 3***-hotels and pensions
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Detailed travel documents with maps 1x per room (German, Englisch)
- Merian Travel guide 1x per room (german)
- 24h Thuringia Card for entrees in Weimar, guided city tour (german), lots of museums, castle Belvedere...
- Train ticket Bad Sulza - Weimar incl. bike
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Return transfer by minibus from Weimar to Ilmenau daily, this costs € 35 incl. your bike, minimum number of participants is 2, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Ilmenau train station
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary