Königswinter - based in one hotel
Beautiful scenery at the river rhine
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Königswinter
Individual arrival in Königswinter. At the late afternoon: info talk and issue of hired bikes (if booked).
Starting in Niederdollendorf the ferry (not inclusive) takes you to Bad Godesberg. At the Godesburg (castle), you have a wonderful view onto the Rhine valley and the Siebengebirge. Via Bonn with its more than 2000 years old history and Zündorf with the leisure, island Groov you reach Cologne with the famous cathedral. The train (inclusive) takes you from Cologne back to Königswinter.
Ahr valleyapprox.45 km
Today you get to know the valley of the river Ahr, a paradise for nature and culture lovers, Wine lovers and gourmets. Ferry (not inclusive) and train (inclusive) take you to Altenahr. You cycle on the Ahr cycleway through little wine villages like Dernau into the beautiful town Bad Neuenahr‐Ahrweiler. From Remagen you cycle alongside the river Rhine to the ferry (not inclusive).
At first the train takes you to Koblenz. From Koblenz with its fortress Ehrenbreitstein and the “Deutsche Eck” you will pass Andernach with the highest cold water geysire in the world and cycle along the famous region called “Golden Mile” between Bad Breisig and Remagen. Here you can use the ferry (not included) to Linz from where you will use the ship (included) to go back to Königswinter in the afternoon.
Mehlem, where you start with the “Wasserburgenroute”. On today´s path you will see the watercastles Gudenau, Lüfteksberg, Münchhausen, Adendorf and Odenhausen. Further to the apple-, rose- and tree nursery city Meckenheim. The stage leads you out of the Rhine valley why it is hilly. As an alternative you can enjoy the day in Königswinter or you can choose a shorter variant. Back to the hotel with the ferry (not included).
Departure or extension
After breakfast individual return journey or prolongation of your holiday.
Easy to moderate. You cycle on small road with low traffic and through a flat to slightly hilly terrain. The trip to the water castle route (Wasserburgen Route) is hillier. You don’t have to cycle the route. Enjoy a stay in the bath are of the hotel or do the slightly hilly trip on this route.
- Accommodation at Maritim Hotel Königswinter
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Train journey from Cologne to Königswinter incl. your bike
- Train journey from Königswinter to Koblenz incl. your bike
- Train journey from Bonn/Mehlem to Altenahr incl. your bike
- Boat ride from Linz to Königswinter incl. your bike
- Welcome drink
- Regional 3 course meal incl. a drink (0,2l) on your arrival day
- Fitness room, sauna and spa area
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Königswinter train station
- Cologne/Bonn airport
- Car park at the hotel or close to the hotel, costs € 10 per night (minimum length of stay 5 nights), to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- All ferry rides have to be organized on your own!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
In a picturesque idyll right on the Rhine promenade, with a glorious view of shipping traffic, the Siebengebirge uplands and famous Drachenfels hill, we welcome you to the Maritim Hotel Königswinter.