The Zillertal bicycle path is nearby and leads you directly to Mayrhofen with a slight ascent (2%) at the end of the valley. Take the cable car up into the Zillertal glacier world or visit the “Erlebnissennerei Zillertal”, a typical Zillertal alpine dairy. Old connecting roads lead back – and, of course, slightly downhill – to the hotel.
Lakes Tourapprox. 35 km
Quickly you will have reached the Inn cycle path (Innradweg). It will lead you to Kramsach and slightly uphill to Lake Krummsee and Lake Reintalersee (Tyrolean farm museum). Rattenberg, the oldest and smallest town in Austria, invites you to stay a while to admire the magnificent town and to enjoy yourself in one of the many cafés and restaurants.
Today, you will cycle to Innsbruck. We recommend visiting the Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens and the old salt town of Hall in Tirol with its famous Münzturm tower. And of course you should spend some time in Innsbruck with its charming old town (Golden Roof, City Tower, Helbing House, Hofburg, Imperial Church), the Hungerburg panorama terrace and the modern ski jump (with a café in the tower). At the end of your trip, you will take the train back to the Zillertal valley.
Once again you will be ready to get on the Inn cycle pathto cycle to the west. But this time you will use different ways than before. In Schwaz you can visit the silver mine, in Stans you can hike through the Wolfsklamm gorge and on the way back you can make a stop at the Tratzberg castle.
The last cycling day’s route will lead you along the river Inn to Kufstein, the “pearl” on the river Inn. The fort with its Heldenorgel organ and the Planetarium are worth a visit. On the way there, we recommend stopping at the Kundler Klamm gorge. Later, the train will take you back to Jenbach, from where it is only a few kilometers to the hotel.
Departure or extension
It is time to say goodbye, even if it might be hard for you to leave. However, you are always welcome to come back here for another stay!
The terrain can be characterised as flat to slightly hilly with some short climbs. You will find yourself almost almost always cycling on tarmac roads or on forest tracks that are in good condition.
- Accommodation at Gasthof Hotel Post 3***
- Breakfast buffet
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Train journeys Innsbruck – Jenbach and Kufstein – Jenbach incl. your bike
- Service hotline
- Half board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Strass im Zillertal train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Free parking at the hotel
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Gasthof Post Strass
A house with tradition - a value we endeavour to maintain.