Bad Reichenhall - based in one hotel
Following traces for “white gold“.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Enjoy the atmosphere in this spa town and stroll along the sophisticated pedestrian area.
You will start your bike tour with a short stage to get used to your surroundings. From your hotel you will head to the Saalach’s river bank and then you will cycle along this for a while until the cycle path runs through Karlstein towards lake Thumsee. The lake is located idyllically in front of you! Now you will be tempted to go for a refreshing swim or maybe you would prefer to take a walk around the lake. It will not take you long to get back to Bad Reichenhall. Another highlight of today is the visit to the Old Salt Mine in Bad Reichenhall. King Ludwig I had this splendid industrial building built.
Today you cycle along the Tauern cycle path to the wonderful city of Salzburg. Before you get to this festival city, you should definitely visit the summer residence, Hellbrunn. You will cycle right through the palace’s park and then you will follow the “Schlossallee” until you get to the centre of Salzburg with the “Getreidegasse”, “Mozartplatz” and many other highlights. There is enough time for a long stroll around the city before you have to leave Austria again to head back to your hotel by cycling along the Saalach.
You will take the train to Berchtesgaden tomorrow. Bavarian tradition and custom are omnipresent here. You will then cycle along the “Königseer Ache” until you get to lake Königssee. Enjoy the breath-taking mountain scenery whilst taking a swim, a nice walk or a ride on one of the historical electric boats. Full of impressions, you will then cycle back out of the valley and the Mozart cycle path will take you back to the centre of Bad Reichenhall and it is almost always downhill.
You will spend the day on the Tauern cycle path. It is impressive how the Saalach winds its way through its narrow river bed. The rocks rise steeply on both the right and the left, whilst you cycle along the flat in the middle on the magnificently set up cycle path. In the very charming centre of Lofer you should stop for a longer break before you go back again to your hotel.
You will cycle through the Bavarian municipalities, Weißbach and Marzoll until you get to Austria. In the open-air museum, what is Salzburg’s largest museum, (entrance included), you can expect over 100 rebuilt original buildings with agricultural and manual labour past. At the foot of the Untersberg, the route takes you along the Kühlbach and back into Bavaria before getting back to Bad Reichenhall.
You will mainly be cycling on bike paths or quiet side roads. At times you cycle on busier roads, it is only for a very short section. Gentle or short hills keep the ride itself varied too.
Your accommodation: Wyndham Grand Bad Reichenhall Axelmannstein 4****
- Accommodation at Wyndham Grand Bad Reichenhall Axelmannstein 4**** in your chosen category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Train ride from Bad Reichenhall – Berchtesgaden
- Entrance and tour in the Old Salt Mine in Bad Reichenhall (German, English)
- Entrance to the open-air museum
- Free use of the spa area (salt room for a fee)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course or buffet)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking/ Departure
- Bad Reichenhall station
- Salzburg airport
- Car parking spaces cost approx. € 7 per day, multi-storey car park costs approx. € 12 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation is possible; free car parking spaces are available out of the centre
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for train journey to Bad Reichenhall – Berchtesgaden approx. € 5/bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Wyndham Grand Bad Reichenhall Axelmannstein
In the middle of the pedestrian area and embedded in the 30,000m² large park with a small lake, your hotel is in an ideal location to get to know the area surrounding the Bavarian spa town, Bad Reichenhall.